Book Your Virtual Gait Analysis Today!
Peak Riders and Striders shop is still open during lockdown for your running and cycling needs, however, we are currently unable to offer a face to face gait analysis.
During the lockdown, we have set up a virtual gait analysis service to help get the right shoes for you.
At Peak, we firmly believe that taking part in exercise is crucial to not only our physical but mental well-being – So we want to help you find your perfect trainers.
Below you will find a comprehensive step by step guide to complete a virtual gait analysis, including the images and videos we will need, along with some information about yourself and your running that we will ask you to provide. The team at Peak will then arrange a suitable time to contact you and help find your perfect pair of running trainers!
What you’ll need:
- Your current running or other fitness shoes – if none, then bare feet (If you know you currently wear stability trainers, please stick with bare feet).
- WhatsApp/Facebook Messenger/ installed on your phone.
- Someone to film you.
- Ensure you are wearing something where your ankles are clearly visible – i.e. shorts or running leggings. Make sure you are in a light location for the videos.
Videos 1 & 2
Wearing no shoes, please stand with feet shoulder-width apart.
Make sure you are looking up and slowly bend your knees making sure that your heels don’t rise off the ground. Do this three times. Then turn round and do the same again. Try and keep your upper body upright.
Watch the short demonstration video below to see how to do it and which part of the body needs to be visible.
Wearing no shoes, please stand with feet shoulder-width apart. Then stand on one leg.
Make sure you are looking up and slowly bend your knee making sure that your heels don’t rise off the ground. Do this three times on each leg. Then turn round and do the same again. Try and keep your upper body upright.
Watch the demonstration video to see how to do the exercise and which parts of the body need to be visible.
For this you need to be wearing your current running trainers or bare feet take a gentle run away from the camera and back three times. Start behind the camera and make sure you are at running pace when passing it.
See the demonstration video to see what angle the video should be taken from and how far we recommend running.
If you’re looking for trainers for walking repeat as above but at your walking pace.
Click through the videos on the left to see our examples:
Take three different photos of your current running trainers, and if you don’t have any then send us a photo of the shoes you wear most regularly. We need pictures from both sides and pictures of the soles so we can see the wear.
Click through the photos on the left to see these and the photos we will need of your feet:
What kind of runner are you?
We need some information to make sure we are choosing the best running shoes for you. Please provide:
- Your everyday shoe size (and your current trainer size if different).
- What kind of exercise you are wanting to do such as running, gym, team sports, trail running, triathlon, walking or for just day to day wear?
- If you are using them for running, let us know what distance you are aiming to do and what terrain you are going to be running on.
- Tell us if you have had or currently have any injuries, aches or pains.
- Is there anything about your feet that could be significant when selecting trainers? – such as bunions, wide feet or if you wear orthotics/insoles.
The next step is to send all of the above to our team, either via WhatsApp (07757732146) or Facebook messenger.
Your full name, and a date/time that would be good for our team to contact you: Monday to Friday 10am-4pm.
We will then get in touch with you and ask any questions we have about you and the trainers we recommend for you from our Peak Riders and Striders store.
We are open at Trentham Shopping village, so you can still pop in store to try on and collect the running shoes we recommend for you. Or we can post these out to you.
Any questions, please call the shop on 01782 644861.