It allows employers to loan cycles and cyclists’ safety equipment to employees as a tax-free benefit. The exemption was one of a series of measures introduced under the Government’s Green Transport Plan.
How it works
Save up to 42%, pay nothing up front and spread the cost of your new bike and/or kit in equal monthly instalments taken from your salary before tax and National Insurance contributions. Just follow these simple steps
- Your employer signs up.
- Your employer will be supplied a unique account number which will be needed when applying for your certificate.
- Choose your new bike and accessories.
- Decide exactly how much you want to spend.
- Get your certificate.
- When your application is approved by your employer, your certificate will be emailed to you.
- Collect your bike and accessories
- Redeem your certificate in store or over the phone within the next 3 months.
Salary sacrifice starts, and you enjoy your cycling
We work with the following cycle to work providers
How to get your ride to work certificate?
We can have you on your bike in 4 easy steps
1 Obtain a quote
Visit our Peak Riders and Striders store or call on 01782 644861 to discuss your equipment and receive a written quotation. Or email email@example.com
2 Place your order with the cycle scheme provider
Visit the provider website to place your order.
3 Employer Approval
Your employer will process your application to the point where you have been authorised to join
4 Receive your ride to work certificate.
You will receive a Ride-to-Work certificate which can be redeemed at our store or over the phone.
Having received your Ride-to-Work certificate from your employer you can redeem it at our store, or over the phone. You can then collect your new cycling equipment in store and get a free bike fit.